And we’re off on our new Top 10 Adventure. . . You’re probably thinking: “Not a minute too soon for this subject.”
I know, I know, but better late than, you know what. I’ve been judicious in choosing the hot topics for “Summer’s Top 10 Must Haves” in the sense that not one is a fad; they are in, in, in, now, now, now, but they will morph into classics you can wear forever.
Another possibility to consider: Maybe we’ll have an Indian Summer. . .
- Creoles (quelle surprise!)
- A Marinière
- Red nail polish and bronzing powder to give you a glow.
- Ethnic jewelry — please note: cuff is an exceedingly refined version, i.e. can be worn forever.
- Pareo — in blue, a major color this season, and it’s a three or four-fer: shawl, beach cover-up, strapless dress (maybe?), skirt with t-shirt.
- Panama hat.
- Fringed sandals — a three-fer: blue, fringe (i.e. ethnic), sandal.
- “Boyfriend” jacket — long, oversized and in another top seasonal hue: nude/beige.
- Flower prints — your choice, all the way with a dress; compromise with a blouse.
- Large, straw sac — Another two-fer it has fringe. . .
FYI: Creoles from Patricia Timsit; the sailor t-shirt you can find every place/anyplace; nail polish Chanel’s “Dragon” and Guerlain’s terra cotta powder (wonderful btw); cuff — I’ll get back to you — Pareos from India Mart; fringed sandals are, like the t-shirt easy to find (I even read someplace they have some at Payless (I do hope you pay much less if you’re going to buy them there); boyfriend jacket from Stella McCartney’s summer collection; flower prints by Liberty in designs by Cacharel and the sac, which I think is terrific is from Plurielles.
Tomorrow: As promised, Edith’s summer skirt and the 25-plus ways she wore it one summer.
Surprise: I think I will soon be announcing another regular feature. This one I’m really, really excited about. Can you still your beating heart. . .?