|Isn’t this cashmere cardigan dee-vine? Imagine popping it on over either your every day navy trousers or the “I really would like to own them too” navy tux pants with the white stripe. I’m having a major swoon moment.|
My great pal Pseu (Une Femme) told me that once I figured out how to assemble outfits — technically speaking because most of my career I was doing that for photo shoots — that that would be all I would want to do, morning ’til night. Unfortunately, she was right.
“It’s like playing paper dolls, remember how much fun that was?” she added.
It’s true, I’m having so much fun and at the same time pulling the pieces together is helping me think through my own wardrobe of which there are waaaay too many pieces. These two recent collections, one in black and this one in navy, makes getting dressed seem so easy.
I realize I am playing in the big leagues price-wise, particularly for the jewelry, but let’s think of these outfits as idea boards. Soon I will bring the prices down a few notches with the same aesthetic philosophy and you’ll see how dressing well can be done within limited budgets. More on that another day. . .
I’m back to the navy basics today. This is how I see the two tableaux working for us night and day:
|A choice of camisoles, a change of belts, shoes and jewelry and you’re good to go from day to evening.|
- The full-on suit. It’s your choice day or night whether you want to wear the jacket. It’s not necessary if you’re not in the mood.
- The classic navy Equipment silk shirt.
- For day the shirt and pants or shirt, pants and jacket. Add the belt, the moccasins and your every day gold hoop earrings.
- For evening: Dash back to your hotel and unbutton your blouse to reveal the camisole beneath, change the belt for the cummerbund, add your kitten heels and your “important” jewelry.
- Don’t forget to change your bag from day to night, the navy envelope we’ve been carrying recently is perfect.
- Touch up your make-up. Go.
|Changing the mood from day to evening should take less than five minutes.|
- Again, you could wear the jacket but I don’t envision it in this group.
- A classic navy cashmere V-neck paired with the navy trousers. The trousers could be the tux version since I think we’ve agreed we want both pairs. Am I right?
- The simple white Uniqlo t-shirt beneath.
- Add scarf, moccasins and your every day gold hoop earrings.
- For evening: A quick dash to your hotel to remove the scarf and t-shirt. Add major bib necklace to fill in the V, your navy kitten heels, your navy envelope bag or one of the gorgeous Chanel bags we’ve been using lately and don’t forget your pearl bangle bracelets and your ring.
- Freshen up your make-up. Go
Just add perfume.